Here are some pics of a few of the finished ATC’s. I ended up making way more than I needed for the group. I don’t know why I always do that. I guess it’s because I never want anyone to be left out.
Well, at least I have extras now that I can use for other projects!
My fave one is the lion with the sacred heart. The pics don’t do these any justice. They came out looking really cool. After I used the glitter Copic markers, I added Stickles in different colors as additional accents.
I mentioned several weeks ago that I was going on the Crafty Chica cruise. It’s 4 fun filled days crafting at sea. I can’t wait! Anyhow…..now on to the complication. Ok, so I decided to participate in the ATC swap the group is hosting. There’s no theme (yippee!) but you need to make at least 50 so there’s enough to share with everyone in the group. Simple enough, right? I had no idea what I was getting myself into.
First of all, I was completely stumped on where to start. I’ve never made ATC’s before. SO me being ever so industrious, I did a little research. I found A TON of sample images! Holy Moley, what did I get myself into. I was a little over whelmed and got into funk thinking there’s no way my stuff is ever going to look even 1/10th that great. What can I say….I’m my best & worst critic!
That was 3 weeks ago……cut to last week……
So after flinging caution to the wind, I decided to color my own background paper & just roll with it. I’ll just throw some ideas together & see what sticks. If they like it, great. If not, what are they gonna do? Push me overboard? Not gonna happen with my sister around!
Make faces when they look at my ATC’s? Use them as coasters? Eh, whatever! So after my little self pep-talk, I spent the last week stippling various colors of ink onto 8 1/2×11 smooth cardstock. I used only distress ink. After my thumb going numb from holding the brush too hard & breaking one of my crappier brushes from the pressure I was applying, I decided to try something else. I ended up applying the inkpad directly to the paper in a sweeping, swirling motion. I did this for the last 4 sheets. I must admit, the final colors turned out really nice on those than on some of the ones I stippled.
In this pic, I stippled 3 of the backgrounds & used the direct to paper method on the other 3. The detail in this pic sucks – I took it with my phone. I forgot my camera.